Pressurized Water Reactor Integral System Test Facility – PKL
The PKL large-scale test facility is used to conduct experiments on the thermal-hydraulic behaviour of pressurized water reactors (PWRs) during operational transients and accidents with respect to:
- Overall system responses and system interactions
- Demonstration of safety margins and evaluation of PWR operating procedures for design and beyond-design-basis events.
Moreover, parameter studies and tests focusing on separate effects contribute to:
- Supply of unique experimental data for thermal-hydraulic system code development and validation
- Detailed understanding of complex PWR thermal-hydraulic phenomena.
- Worldwide unique 4-loop test facility for experiments on PWR integral system behaviour
- Transients and accidents analyses, procedure validation and separate effect tests contribute to solution of PWR safety issues
Interested in Pressurized Water Reactor Integral System Test Facility – PKL?
Please contact us to request more information: