Thermal-hydraulic and Component Testing
AREVA NP operates a worldwide unique Thermal-hydraulic Platform for testing and qualification of systems and components. It is accredited as test and inspection body according to ISO 17025 and ISO 17020.
The focus of tests, qualifications, training and analyses is on:
- Heat transfer performance and critical heat flux (CHF) at water, steam and two-phase flow conditions
- Thermo-hydraulic high-pressure, high-temperature, integral or transient boiling water reactor (BWR) and pressurized water reactor (PWR) tests
- Qualification of pumps and valves according to international codes (ASME NQA1, RCC, ISO 17025…)
- Fluid-dynamic scaled and unscaled flow, pressure, heat and fluid-induced vibration tests
- On-site measurements for safety, pilot, globe, check and solenoid valves and actuators
- Thermo-hydraulic PWR and BWR integral systems testing, qualification and training
- Mechanical equipment as well as instrumentation and control (I&C) for loss-of-coolant accidents (LOCA), severe accidents and seismic qualification
- Thermo-hydraulic data base compilation, modelling, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and software development
- Thermo-hydraulic mechanical test loop design, construction and data acquisition
- Power and process industries fluid dynamics as well as thermodynamic testing and qualification.
At its sites in Erlangen and Karlstein, the German subsidiary AREVA GmbH operates unique large-scale testing facilities. The scientists, engineers, technicians and mechanics there investigate questions on behalf of customers from power plant engineering and industry:
- Thermal and fluid engineering
- Qualification and service
- Thermo-hydraulic behavior of PWR plants under accident conditions (primary system testing facility, PKL).
Select one of the topics below to learn more
Interested in Thermal-hydraulic and Component Testing?
Please contact us to request more information:
Download product sheet
Conversion between international system of units (SI units) and British or US system of units