Radiochemical Laboratory Services
Not only activated waste, but any radioactive material must be handled properly according to IAEA and various national procedures and laws. An essential part of the handling is the radiochemical characterization with respect to composition (nuclides and nuclide vector) and activities.
AREVA's Radiochemical Laboratory performs analysis of samples with different levels of radioactivity (low-level to highly active) from nuclear power plants (NPPs), other nuclear facilities, and decommissioning projects. And it determines radionuclide inventories and vectors for waste characterization. The services include:
- Radiochemical analysis
- Post-irradiation examination in Hot Cells and Semi-hot Cells
- Transportation of radioactive samples and materials
- Measurements for effluent monitoring and environmental surveillance
- Evaluation of neutron fluence detectors
- Testing of iodine filters and other tests using radioactive tracers
- Radiochemical engineering
- Excretion and chemical analysis
- Radiation metrology, and calibration and radiation protection services.
AREVA's laboratories are accredited to the following international standard for calibration and testing laboratories around the world:
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Quality management system certified to DIN EN ISO 9001
- Environmental management system certified to DIN EN ISO 14001.
AREVA’s Radiochemical Laboratory has analysed radioactive materials for more than 50 years for many customers worldwide.
Click on one of the services below to learn more
Interested in AREVA's Radiochemical Laboratory Services?
Please contact us to request more information: