AREVA NP is recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components and fuel for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 15,000 employees worldwide, every day AREVA NP’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
AREVA NP is a subsidiary of the AREVA group; and AREVA GmbH in Germany is as wholly-owned subsidiary of AREVA NP.
Energy Storage Dusseldorf: AREVA Presents Solutions for Energy Storage and Hydrogen Fueling StationsRead more
Modernization of the Refueling Machine at Isar 2 Nuclear Power PlantRead more
Spain: AREVA reinforces its collaboration in engineering and maintenance services with CNAT UtilityRead more
Russia: AREVA NP Supplies Safety Instrumentation and Control System for Generation 3 ReactorRead more
Sweden: AREVA to Supply Fuel Assemblies to the Ringhals Nuclear Power Plants 3 and 4Read more
Agreements with JNFL and MHI for their equity investment in NewCo take effect on March 21,2017
AREVA 2016 annual results
Key milestones met in 2016 in the implementation of the group’s restructuring plan, in particular with:
- the creation of NewCo1
- the signature of a memorandum of understanding with EDF for the sale of New NP2 in the 2nd half of 2017
- the setting of the terms of the AREVA S.A. and NewCo capital increases planned in June 1073.
1NewCo: temporary name of the entity which combines all of the operations of AREVA related to the nuclear fuel cycle; legal name is New AREVA Holding
2New NP combines the operations of AREVA NP, excluding the Olkiluoto 3 contract and the means necessary for its completion, and, as applicable, certain component contracts affected by serious anomalies which might be identified in connection with the quality audit in progress
3Subject to fulfillment of the preconditions set by the European Commission in its decision of January 10, 2107
Key figures 2016
- Loss of €665 m, sharply down, including provisions, write-downs and a capital gain in the net amount of -€932 m
- Net cash flow from company operations of -€621 m, favorable limit of the last estimated range
- The 1 billion euros of savings aimed for by the group’s performance plan now more than 70% achieved
- Growth of NewCo’s operating income of more than 10% of revenue, thanks to the effects of the performance plan and to decreased restructuring expenses
Major milestones in 2017
Completion of AREVA S.A. and NewCo capital increases and sale of New NP